Believe In It. Invest In It. Grow In It.
Come Have Some Fun in Our Communities
Whether your taste runs to symphonies, Broadway shows or concerts by rock bands and country music stars, Johnson County has your entertainment. In addition to many fine productions by the area high schools and universities, we have the benefit of nearby venues.
Each community holds its unique festivals every year - including the Bargersville Christmas Train, Edinburgh Fall Festival, Greenwood WAMM Fest and Franklin's Smoke on the Square, an award winning festival celebrating summer barbeques.
Great shopping is also available at the Greenwood Park Mall, one of the largest shopping malls in the area and the Edinburgh Premium Outlet Mall, the premier outlet center in the Midwest.
Following are some suggestions for area arts and culture:
- Mallow Run Winery
- The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis
- Circle Centre Mall (downtown Indianapolis)
- Conner Prairie
- Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art
- Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra
- IMAX Theater
- Indianapolis Arts Center
- Indianapolis Zoo
- Indianapolis Museum of Art
- NCAA Hall of Champions
- White River State Park
- Johnson County Amphitheater
- Johnson County Museum of History
Parks and Recreation
- Bargersville has three community parks with picnic areas and playgrounds.
- Edinburgh has four public parks, an aquatic center, a DNR boat ramp at Irwin Park accessing Blue River and Timbergate Golf Course.
- Franklin has numerous parks including a dog park, an aquatic center, a fitness center and growing miles of trails.
- Greenwood opened a new aquatic center - Freedom Springs - in 2015, has several public parks, a recreational center, and is completing their trails system with more miles being added each year.
- Johnson County has two large parks including Independence Park, an ADA accessible park, and Johnson County Horse Park. The Johnson County Park on the southern end of the county has an amphitheater, a camp site, large shelter houses, a golf course and three fishing lakes.
If you are the outdoor type, Johnson County has hiking and biking trails, lots of tennis courts, basketball courts, camping areas and beautiful ,yet challenging golf courses.
If you are more of a spectator, the following may be just what you are looking for.
Professional Sports Teams
- Indiana Fever (WNBA)
- Indiana Pacers (NBA)
- Indiana Colts (NFL)
- Indiana Ice (USHL)
- Indianapolis Indiana (AAA Baseball)
- IndyEleven (Soccer)
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- O’Reilly Raceway Park
- Anderson Speedway
Horse Racing and Casinos
- Hoosier Park Racing and Casino
- Indiana Downs
- Indiana Live!Casino